Government Leather Institute is located at Agra, the Historical city of Mughal Emperors.
where apart from Taj Mahal, the biggest shoe industry of Asia is also located.
This institute was setup in the year 1962 for training in two branches of technology
(Diploma in Leather Technology and Diploma in Footwear & leather goods Technology).
From Year 2009 a Diploma in Saddlery Technology & Export Management and from year 2010 a Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering has been started.
This institute is counseling center for JEECUP.
Laptop Distributon on: 16-08-2013
Community Development through Polytechnic Scheme :
CDTP is a Govt. of India (M.H.R.D.) sponsored scheme. The main objectives of this scheme are :-
* To Carry out Need Assessment Surveys to assess the technology and training needs.
* To Impart Skill Development Training to the intended target groups.
* To disseminate Appropriate Technologies for productivity enhancement.
* To provide Technical and Support Services to rural masses and slums dwellers.
* To create Awareness among the target groups about technological advancement and contemporary issues of importance.
LAST UPDATE : 19/11/2015